Go to the site home page
Click the pic!
To aid users of mobile devices as well as those with a mouse or laptop finger pad this site uses a simple image-based menu system. Virtually every picture you see (images and photos) are links to more information arranged in a sort of top-down structure. See an image, click or tap on it to open a new page.
My Nature Notes Grouped by Theme into On-line Books
I have been writing 'nature notes' for some years now and publish them each day on my Facebook and Blogger sites. They seem quite popular and have a daily following of several hundred people. However, during the time of writing the notes the older ones 'disappear' as new ones arrive and so I am trying to give access to the older ones to both new followers who may have missed them and for regular followers who may wish to look back.
To achieve this I have grouped the notes I have written into common themes and publish them here as 'books'. You can read my books in three ways:
- On-line direct from this website and totally free of charge
- Download an Ebook to read (or print out) on your own computer/tablet/phone whenever you want
- Printed version in high quality, printed on-demand just for you to have and read or to refer to whenever you wish
Below are the 'books' I have assembled so far. Not all are available in Ebook or printed forms but I hope they will be in time. Click/tap on the image of any book for a list of the contents and then you will have the options to read on-line, download an Ebook or order a printed copy. You can, of course, do all three - read it on line, if you the want a copy of your own download the Ebook and then order a printed copy to keep!
In addition to being able to read the book on line you will find that for many books there is additional information available:
- View Species Gallery: provides a link to a gallery of photographs for each species featured in the book for comparative purposes, it may help with identification
- Nature of Dorset Records: provides details of the all species in the book and the places that I have seen them, it may help you find what you are looking for
- Other Resources: provides links to other web sites with information about the species covered in the book
I do hope you find these books useful and interesting!