Go to the site home page
Click the pic!
To aid users of mobile devices as well as those with a mouse or laptop finger pad this site uses a simple image-based menu system. Virtually every picture you see (images and photos) are links to more information arranged in a sort of top-down structure. See an image, click or tap on it to open a new page.
The aims of this section are to:
- Provide collective information about a logical group of species
- Provide onward links to some specific species within the group.
These aims are achieved by:
- Providing a 'logo' species that is used in higher levels of the menu structure to establish which group of species is required
- Providing a short description of the species group and its features
- Providing links to additional information about the species group (see below)
- Providing thumbnail photographs of species within the species group as links to detailed information about that species
This section can be used for:
- Accessing more detailed information about any one particular species within this species group
- Helping with identification by comparing photographs of the various species in the group
- Monitoring the latest sightings of species within the group
- Identifying which are the most common or most interesting species within this species group
- Reviewing the general distribution of this species group across Dorset
- Finding the best places to see members of this species group
- See what time of year is best for seeing members of the species group
- Monitoring trends in population levels and behaviour of species within the species group
- Increasing ones general knowledge of this species group within Dorset
From the home page you can:
- Access more detailed information about any of the illustrated species by clicking/tapping its photograph
- Access more general information about the species group by clicking/tapping one of the provided thumbnails (see below)