Summer migrants arriving in April and leaving in September. Whilst here they can be seen patrolling the sea just off shore for sand eels.
"My personal guide to the nature reserves and wildlife hot-spots of Dorset and the species that may be seen at each along with help in identifying those animals and plants."
To aid users of mobile devices as well as those with a mouse or laptop finger pad this site uses a simple image-based menu system. Virtually every picture you see (images and photos) are links to more information arranged in a sort of top-down structure. See an image, click or tap on it to open a new page.
In the REFERENCE section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- Find species information with photos, maps, etc
- Access Identification tools for birds, flora and trees
- Find information about nature reserves and hotspots
- Access information about Sites of special scientific interest
- Learn about the wildlife habitats of Dorset
In the RECORDS section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- See the latest sightings in lists, maps, charts and photos
- Find out where and when species have been seen
- Find out what has been seen at a site near you
- Find out the best time of year to see selected species
- Create your own lists, charts and maps and export data