A series of unimproved wet meadows situated as a south easterly outlier of the Avon Valley SSSI. The complex system of fields and ditches presents a range of plant habitats including wet acidic grassland over peat and more neutral damp grassland which are an integral component of the meadows of the Avon Valley. Mature hedgerows, often with broad scrub margins, add to the interest and diversity of flowering plants of which 160 species have been recorded.
In the REFERENCE section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- Find species information with photos, maps, etc
- Access Identification tools for birds, flora and trees
- Find information about nature reserves and hotspots
- Access information about Sites of special scientific interest
- Learn about the wildlife habitats of Dorset